for Best Article (published in English or in French) in Social Sciences and Humanities
Deadline for applications: 26 April 2019
Prize Amount: 213 CZK (i.e. 9.261 CZK)
Official Award Ceremony: 26 June 2019
Language of application: English
This award is included within the Jacques Derrida Award organized by the French Embassy in the Czech Republic and Mgr. Karel Janeček, PhD., MBA, which rewards the best PhD research work in social sciences and humanities in the Czech Republic.
Born from the desire to support young researchers from the Czech Republic who endeavour to embed their research within the European and international networks, this initiative from the CEFRES Platform aims to award an article in social sciences and humanities published in a high-level peer-reviewed academic journal.
Since 2014, CEFRES Platform gathers the French Research Center in Social Sciences in Prague, the Czech Academy of Sciences and Charles University in Prague.
Young researchers from all disciplines in social sciences and humanities from the Czech Republic may apply to the CEFRES Platform special award, whatever the topic of their research may be. Applications must be sent directly by young researchers themselves to the following address: email@example.com
- to be a Czech or Slovak PhD student or doctor who defended the PhD thesis at the earliest in 2011 in a university of the Czech Republic (so-called “cotutelle” PhDs are eligible)
- to submit to the award competition an article in English or in French published in a peer-reviewed academic journal recognized by such databases as Web of Science, Scopus, or by the European Reference Index for the Humanities and Social Sciences (ERIH plus)
- to have published the afore mentioned article between 2016 and 2019 (articles accepted for publication will be excluded, the award being renewed yearly)
- to submit one article only: applications including two or more articles will be excluded from the competition
The following information completed:
- Name and Surname:
- Date and place of birth:
- Personal email:
- Personal phone number:
- Personal address:
- Professional email:
- Professional phone number:
- Professional address:
- Subject of Thesis:
- Date of (past or forthcoming) defence:
- Year and Faculty of registration:
- PhD supervisor(s):
The application should also include:
- An academic curriculum vitae, including a list of publications
- An off-print of the submitted article for the Prize. NB: only one article will be considered; applications including two articles will be excluded
- The complete bibliographical references and a short summary of the submitted article in English or French. Please specify which database mentions the journal (Web of Science, Scopus, or ERIH plus)
- A letter explaining the originality and prospects of the research involved in the article
An interdisciplinary jury presided over by the director of CEFRES and representatives from the CEFRES Platform will select the laureate. The laureate will be notified by 14 June 2019 and will have to be available for the award ceremony.
Supported by Mgr. Karel Janeček, MBA, PhD., the award will be given at the Pantheon of the National Museum (Prague) on 26 June 2019 along with the other scientific awards of the French Embassy.
To apply to the Jacques Derrida Award, see the conditions here!