TWO POST-DOCTORAL POSITIONS AT CEFRES COFUNDED BY THE CHARLES UNIVERSITY AND CEFRES WITHIN THE FRAME OF SPECIFIC RESEARCH PROJECTS
Deadline for submission: 23 August 2017
Period: 1 January 2018—31 December 2019
Application Language: English only
Address for submission: email@example.com
Selected post-doctoral researchers will be informed on 2 October 2017.
Research project 1: “Archives and Interculturality”
Research project 2: to be published on 1 July 2017
A specific competition to recruit a second post-doctoral researcher will be open for competition on 1 July 2017 on one out of three possible topics. He/She will work in association with a researcher from the Czech Academy of Sciences within the frame of the TANDEM program. Research topics will be published on 1 July 2017.
Applicants should provide the following documents:
- The application form duly filled in: download HERE. The application form includes the description of a research project. The research project must:
- specify the name of the research project you want to apply to (for ex. “Archives and Intertextuality”) and explain how your research befits it.
- include an explanation on the methodology and inputs of your own research, as well as a selected bibliography (max. 1 page-long)
- include outcomes (publications, conferences, and so forth).
- A letter of reference from the PhD supervisor: download HERE. The letter must include a statement from the PhD supervisor (mentionning topic of the PhD and whether candidate was successful with it, and so forth)
- A detailed CV
- A list of publications
- A copy of the PhD diploma
Application packages must be submitted by 23 August 2017 electronically in an email entitled “YOUR LAST NAME_CEFRES-UK” at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send the application form in both PDF and as a Word-document. Applicants are welcome to contact the PIs of the research projects they apply to.
- be high-level researchers from abroad, who defended their PhD no more than 10 years prior to the application deadline in a university outside the Czech Republic
- conducting a research befitting one of the research projects described above
- good command of English is mandatory
Framework of the Charles University and CEFRES post-doctoral position
- contribute through their own research to the research project they apply to
- take part in the scientific life of CEFRES
- submit a yearly report on their research to the director of CEFRES
- come to live in Prague from 1 January 2018.
Calls for applications will be published on Charles University’s website on 1 July 2017. CEFRES will be amongst the hosting institutions of the University Post-Doc Research Fund.